We’ve all got Pinterest boards or inspiration folders full of styles we want. We buy an outfit only to feel that it would look much better in the closet than on ourselves!! We blame it on not being skinny, the outfit being out of our comfort zone, or some other “easy” excuse, but all we need to do is learn to work with our body shape rather than against it.
Being at ease in our own skin is essential for strutting around with confidence and poise. To do so, we need to find outfits that highlight our best features.
A top-heavy figure characterises an Apple body shape. They are sometimes mistaken for the inverted triangle body shape, but the apple body shape has an undefined waistline. The apple body shape, like any other body type, has some variations.
They can have broader shoulders and a larger bustline, or they can have an undefined waistline. They can also have shoulders and hips that are in general alignment with one another, as well as a larger middle section.
Let us now see in detail what type of outfits suit this body type the most:
Upper Body :
- Choose flowing tunics or A-line silhouettes. These will look stunning on this body type.
- Flaring-sleeved tops or Strapless or sleeveless tops are ideal for this body type.
- Choose tops in light pastel colours.
Lower Body :
- This body type looks best in skinny jeans or leggings.
- Choose bootcut or flared jeans if you have long legs.
- Cropped or ankle-length jeans with a low to the mid waist will look great on this body type.
Dresses and Skirts:
- Maxi dresses suit this body type the best. Choose strapless styles.
- Mini skirts look fantastic on this body type.
- Choose knee-length shift and sheath styles.
Jackets and Coats:
- Choose tailored jackets with a nice v-shape at the top or v-necklines with your long long jumpers or tops underneath the layering piece.
- Longer tops and jackets can be paired with leggings or skinny jeans.
- Layer with a long sleeveless vest or a long cardigan.
- Go for A-line anarkalis with flares from below the bust
- Kurtis with leggings draws attention away from the midsection.
- Sweetheart or V-neck dresses with smaller, delicate embroidery around the neck and waist
Dressing is about discovering and expressing your personal style. Knowing your proportions will assist you in designing a wardrobe that highlights your favourite parts of your body while also balancing your figure.
These dressing guidelines are best used as a starting point to learn the fundamentals. And, let’s face it, most women are a mix of several! It’s all about experimenting until you find what works best for you.
We understand how difficult it can be to choose outfits based on your body shape. As a result, here are some guidelines for what works best for your body type and what you should avoid. Keeping these simple guidelines in mind will help you feel more confident in your daily wardrobe selections.
We at Wyshlist are on a mission to make fashion easily discoverable and inclusive for women of all shapes and sizes. Get Wyshlist and discover and shop outfits that will SUIT your BODY shape and size, and FIT you! Doesn’t matter if you are looking for a bodycon dress for your birthday or an ethnic outfit in the festive season or a comfortable co-ord set for a casual outing with your friends! Wyshlist is here with YOUR PERFECT LOOK that will bring the BEST version of YOU to the fore!
Download the app now: https://bit.ly/wyshlist